Dell's Original Uncoverage Logo by Antonio F. Branco, Comically Incorrect

Friday, December 30, 2011

Elderly Blogger Suffering Kidney Stone Attack - Film At 11:00

Elderly Blogger Suffering Kidney Stone Attack

‘Film At 11:00’



By Dell Hill

Just in case.

What’s that old saying?  “Into each life some rain must fall”?  Yes, that’s the one.  And some rain is trying to fall.

A couple of days ago I felt an extremely sharp pain in my lower left side...right where my kidney is located.  It was a pain I recognize all too well.  I do believe a fairly large kidney stone decided it was time to ‘occupy’ somewhere else and moved.  And anyone who has ever experienced kidney stones knows exactly what I’m talking about.  It hurts like you wouldn’t believe.

No bleeding so far; that’s a good thing, because stones are very sharp and cut like crazy when they move.  The pain ranks an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I speak from experience.  This would be my sixth one that required short term hospitalization and a process known as lithotripsy to blast the stone into small particles “for easy disposal”.

Should that be the case; it will happen on short notice, so if you see nothing new posted here for more than 24 hours, you can probably assume that I’m having that procedure done.

Not to worry.  I’m a tough old buzzard and another kidney stone won’t hold me down for long.

DRH

No comments:

Post a Comment